The explorations of a man made of water. What will he see? Where will he go?
Watch this video with your children, and then try some of our teaching and activity ideas below.
Teaching Ideas and Resources:
- Imagine that you had a friend who was made of water. What adventures might you have together?
- Imagine that you woke up one day and you were made of water. What would you do?
- Retell the story from the point of view of the man or the cat.
- Think of some speech for the people at different points in the story.
- Write a newspaper article about the sighting of a man made of water in your town.
- Make a list of the things that the man does to help the people. What other things might a person made of water be able to do?
- Imagine that you had to advertise this film to others. How would you describe it? What persuasive words would you use to encourage people to see it?
- Write a review of the film.
- Investigate what happens to water at different temperatures. What happens to the man in the video?
- Explain why things float. Which materials are better at floating than others?
- The man plays with a paper boat at one point in the film. Can you try to make one?
- Create a comic strip about a superhero who can control water.
- Paint a picture of a man made of water using watercolour paints.
- Design a new fountain for the man to live in.
- Listen to the soundtrack of the video. What do you like / dislike about it? Could you compose a new soundtrack?
- Make a poster to teach people about the water cycle.
- Make a list of the different types of weather that are featured in the film. What causes them? What impact do they have on our lives?
- How do the different people react to seeing the man? Why are people sometimes afraid of new and different things?