An evil scientist working in a giant theme park tries to catch a bunny that escapes from his laboratory.
Teaching Ideas and Resources:
- What is this planet? Why do so many people want to go there?
- Write a persuasive advert to encourage people to visit Theme Planet.
- Think of words and phrases to describe this planet (look in the Gallery section of the Theme Planet site for some suitable images).
- Write a job description for one of the workers in the video.
- Write a diary entry from the point of view of the scientist working in his laboratory.
- Write a character profile about the scientist. What is his name? What is his personality like? What important events have taken place in his life so far?
- If you could retell the story to a friend in 100 words, what would you say?
- Retell the story from the point of view of the rabbit… and / or the scientist.
- Take some screenshots of the video at different points. Can you think of some captions / speech bubbles / thought bubbles for each of them?
- Write a description of how it might feel to ride one of the roller coasters on Theme Planet.
- Pause the video at different points. How would you describe the facial expressions / emotions of each character?
- Pause the video at 3:05 and write an alternative ending from that point in the video.
- Can you find out more about the forces and physics involved in roller coasters / theme park rides?
- Write some narration to accompany the video. Can you record this as an audio recording and combine it with the video using movie editing software?
- Can you try to create your own characters using 3D modelling software?
- Use publishing software to design a poster to advertise this movie… or to design the DVD case.
- Make a labelled diagram showing how the Smart-o-Matic works.
- The scientist uses a Body Enlargement Robot to catch up with the missing bunny. Can you design a robot that can help you?
- Design a new ride for this unusual planet.
- Can you find out how a handcar works? Use this video to help:
- Look at the Theme Planet site (in the Characters section) and explore the initial sketches of some of the characters. Can you try to sketch your own animation characters?
- Listen to the video without looking at the images. Can you imagine what might be happening?
- What instruments can you hear in the music? How would you describe the audio effects and soundtrack?
- Can you find the location of theme parks / fun fairs next to where you live? How would you travel there? Can you write the directions to help somebody get there?