These videos show three short films showing footage from a ‘trip of a lifetime’. They are based on the themes of movement, food and learning.
Teaching Ideas and Resources:
- Write a travel diary of the man shown in the videos. Where did he ‘Move’ each day? What did he ‘Eat’? What did he ‘Learn’?
- Make a persuasive advert to encourage people to go on a ‘trip of a lifetime’ to different countries around the world.
- Move, Eat and Learn are all verbs. Can you think of any others?
- Can you think of synonyms for the words Move, Eat and Learn? Can you use these in different sentences?
- Watch the ‘Move’ video and describe where the man goes after the video has finished.
- Think of words to describe the different food shown in the ‘Eat’ video.
- Choose one of the meals in the ‘Eat’ video and write a paragraph that describes how it tastes when you put it in your mouth.
- These videos were created by three guys in 44 days, travelling 38,000 miles to 11 countries with 18 flights. Can you try to work out where they might have gone? How long would each journey have been? How much would the trip have cost?
- Look at some of the meals shown in the ‘Eat’ video. What are the ingredients? How are they made? Would you describe them as being healthy or unhealthy? Why?
- What different crafts were shown in the ‘Learn’ video? Could you try some of these yourself?
- Pause the videos at various points. Can you identify where that part of the films were recorded? How do you know?
- Produce a travel report about one (or more) of the places shown in the video.
- Pause the videos at two different points. Can you describe the similarities and differences between the two places shown?
- Imagine that you were going on the trip of a lifetime. Where would you go? What would you eat? What could you learn?
- Plan a trip to a country of your choice. What would you need to take with you?
- Can you identify some of the places / buildings shown in the videos and find out about their history?
- The ‘Move’ video is 60 seconds long. How far can you walk in one minute? How far can you jog? How far can you run?
- Carry out other physical activities in 60 seconds (e.g. bouncing a ball, skipping). How many repetitions can you do in 60 seconds?
- What languages are spoken in the countries shown in the video? Can you learn some of the words?
- Can you find out the translations for Move, Eat and Learn in other languages?