What do you love to do most? Watch this inspirational message about a young man’s dreams of flight.
Teaching Ideas and Resources:
- Make a similar video that tells others about your own dreams, memories and achievements.
- Listen to the words in the video. Are there any words that you haven’t heard before?
- Write a story about a person who can fly.
- Imagine that your teacher can fly. How would your day at school be different?
- What forces are involved in flight? Draw pictures of different machines flying and add labels to show the forces that are taking place.
- Make an animation that shows somebody flying.
- Use programming software to create a game in which a flying character has to collect / rescue something.
- People can fly using different machines. Can you find out how these different machines work? Could you try to make your own flying model?
- How is flight shown in cartoons and comic strips? Can you create your own illustrations that show flight?
- Listen to the music in the video. What instrument is being played?
- Can you describe the music using musical vocabulary?
- Imagine that you could fly anywhere in the world. Where would you go? What places would you travel through to get there? How long might it take?
- What is the history of flight? Can you write a report about this topic?
- What do you love to do most? What are your dreams? What is your strongest memory?
- The person in the video mentions that he discovered ‘a great potential’. What does this mean? What is your great potential?
- In the video, the person has to practise their flight. What skills do you need to practise?