The images in the resources below include photos and illustrations related to Maya. There are pictures of the temples, glyphs, maps, murals, artefacts and more.
Here are some ways that you could use these resources in your classroom:
- Show the images on a large display (e.g. an interactive whiteboard) and discuss what the children can see.
- Ask the children to think about how the items / places in the images were created. How did the Mayan people make them? What materials / tools did they use?
- Print the photos and add them to a classroom display.
- Give some of the images to the children and ask them to find out more about what they show.
- Challenge children to think of some questions that they would like to ask about what is shown in the pictures.
- Use the images as inspiration for art activities.
- Think of different words and phrases that can be used to describe the pictures.
We would love to hear your comments about these resources, so please add them below!