Our Maya glossary and word labels are a fantastic way of helping your children to learn about different vocabulary linked to this History topic. A number of resources are available below, and you can use them in the classroom in lots of different ways:
- Cut up the Maya glossary pages and ask the children to match the words with their correct definitions.
- Give children a copy of the blank glossary and challenge them to find the definitions.
- Use the word labels on a classroom display.
- Cut up the word labels and ask the children to choose one at random. Can they explain what it means to a friend?
- Ask your pupils to put the word labels into alphabetical order.
- Can your children find any other words linked to this History topic and find out their definitions? Blank versions of the word labels are included on the last page of the PDF so that they can write on any new words.
- Learn one new word each day during your Maya topic by sharing the glossary at the start of the day.
If you have any comments or suggestions about these resources, leave a comment!