Our free Maya fact cards include twenty fascinating facts about the Maya, along with related pictures, images and illustrations. Teachers can use them in their classroom in any of the following ways:
- Ask your children to find out their own facts about the Maya and record these on the blank labels included on the last page of the PDF.
- Print the labels and use them as part of a classroom display about this History topic.
- Give children opportunities to access the facts during whole class teaching, shared / guided reading and independent reading activities.
- Ask your class to read the fact cards together and identify any unknown words. Can they find out what they mean?
- Challenge the children to create their own report (in a written / audio format) using the facts available.
If you have any comments about these resources, please feel free to share them below…