There are lots of interesting (and sometimes amazing) facts about Easter and how it is celebrated around the world. I’ve found sixteen facts and created some ‘Did You Know?’ cards that can be used in the classroom. Here are some suggested teaching ideas:
- Use the cards as part of guided reading activities. What do the cards tell us? Are there any words that children are unfamiliar with?
- Ask pupils to find some Easter facts and make their own ‘Did You Know?’ cards to add to your display.
- Discuss any measurements mentioned on the card. Can the children compare these measurements to everyday objects?
- Make a quiz about Easter using the facts on the cards.
- Print the cards and add them to a class display about Easter.
Can you think of another way of using these resources? Leave a comment below…