This resource, available for download below, is a handy checklist that children can refer to when they are writing explanation texts. It encourages children to include the following:
- A title,
- An introduction,
- A description of each point,
- Diagrams, illustrations and / or charts,
- Text that is written in the present tense, third person and passive voice.
- Complex sentences and conjunctions,
- Text that is organised using paragraphs, sub-headings and lists,
- A conclusion.
This resource is from our Explanation Writing Pack. Visit Teaching Packs to download more resources like this.