The photo resources below show different tools that might be used in Design Technology lessons. Here are some ideas for using them in the classroom:
- Look at each tool. What is it used for? Can you think of a situation when it might be needed?
- How does each tool work? How is it used? What types of forces are needed to make it work?
- What do people need to remember to make sure that they use each tool safely?
- Make a poster to teach people how to use these tools safely.
- Look at the photo collage. Can children name each type of tool?
- Use the photos for a DT display in your classroom / workshop.
If you have any other ideas for using these resources, please leave a comment below…