A set of printable classroom resources are available below, helping children to learn about the different uses of technology. Twenty-five different ideas are included, and the posters could be used in lots of different ways in your ICT and computing activities:
- Use the resources as the starting point for a lesson about the uses of technology. Discuss the suggestions with your class and think about situations when the children might have used technology in those ways.
- Challenge your children to think of other uses for technology. This could be a class or a homework activity.
- Ask your pupils to use the information on these posters to make their own ‘Uses of technology’ document. This could be in the form of a written report, a multimedia presentation, a web page or an audio recording.
- Print the posters and use them on a ‘How do we use Technology?’ display in your classroom or ICT suite.
- Discuss the types of technology needed for each use shown on the poster.
- Talk about how our use of technology has changed in the past… and how it might change in the future.
- Discuss who uses technology in the ways shown on the poster… does everyone use technology in each way or are they only relevant for particular jobs / people?