Dinosaurs were all wiped out, A long way back in history, No one knows quite how or why, This book solves the mystery.
You may wonder why dinosaurs became extinct, well here is the answer… They were all wiped out in a mighty Pants War! Join T-Rex and the rest of the gang as they slog it out to gain prehistoric pants supremacy.
Teaching Ideas and Resources:
- Write your own story / poem that explains what happened to the dinosaurs.
- Find all of the rhyming words in the story. Can you think of other words that rhyme with these?
- Find all of the adjectives used to describe the dinosaurs. Can you think of any more?
- Spot the different types of punctuation that are used in the book. Can you explain why the author has chosen to use them?
- Write a diary entry from the point of view of one of the cavemen in the story.
- Imagine that dinosaurs really wore underpants. Can you estimate out the sizes of materials that might be needed to make them? How does this compare to the size of human underpants?
- Choose one of the dinosaurs mentioned in the book and create a fact file about it.
- Think about the materials that underpants are made from. Why do we use these materials?
- Use art software to create a new pair of underpants for the cavemen and dinosaurs(see Resources below).
- Could you make a model of a dinosaur using different materials?
- Design a new pair of underpants for the cavemen / dinosaurs(see Resources below).
- Design a complete set of clothing for the cavemen to stop them feeling embarrassed about looking ride.
- Plan a trip to a museum to see some real dinosaur skeletons.
- Find out where different dinosaur skeletons have been found and plot these on a map.
- In the story, cavemen and dinosaurs lived together at the same time. Can you find out if this really happened or not?
- Draw a timeline showing when different dinosaurs lived.
- Can you find out what scientists think happened to the dinosaurs?
- Research how we know so much about dinosaurs.
- The dinosaurs in the story were all wiped out because of the Mighty Pants War. How could they have resolved their problem instead?