Aliens love underpants, It’s lucky that they do, For pants helped save our universe, Sounds crazy, but it’s true! Aliens in underpants are back – and this time, they are on a mission to save the world!
A gigantic meteorite is heading for planet earth and the aliens’ pants supply is under threat. Can our crazy aliens save planet earth and secure their pants supply forever more?
Teaching Ideas and Resources:
- Carry out a role-play activity in which one of you interviews an ‘alien’. What questions would you ask them? How might they respond?
- Write a newspaper report about how the aliens saved our planet.
- Find all of the rhyming words in the story.
- Look at the expressions of the aliens / people in the illustrations. How are they feeling? Can you make up some speech / thought bubbles for them?
- Find some synonyms for the word ‘ginormous’.
- Read the other books in this series. Which is your favourite? Why?
- Estimate how large the meteorite is… How large would the enormous pants that the aliens made need to be? How many pairs of pants might have been used to make it?
- A meteorite heads for Earth in the story. What is a meteorite? Can you find out and describe it to somebody else?
- The elastic in the pants stretches, which causes the meteorite to bounce away from Earth. Can you think of other materials that can stretch? Which materials cannot stretch?
- Record an audio / video report about the aliens saving planet Earth.
- Use art software to decorate a pair of pants (see Resources below).
- Design a new spaceship for the aliens to travel in during their pants-pinching missions.
- Design a gadget that might help aliens to pinch pants from unsuspecting humans!
- Design a trophy / medal / certificate to give to the aliens to thank them for saving the planet.
- The aliens stitched lots of pants together to make a ginormous pair. Can you try stitching some fabric together? Could you follow some instructions as part of a sewing kit / activity?
- Draw a ginormous pair of underpants (made up of lots of smaller pairs).
- Design an amazing set of underpants that the aliens would love (see Resources below).
- Can you find out the locations of some meteorites that have hit the Earth? Could you plot these on a map? Which one was closest to where you live?