An animated story of love and loss told with wonderful choreography and beautiful animation.
Watch this short animated film about a rescue dog hoping for a new owner, and try out our teaching ideas.
Teaching Ideas and Resources:
- Think of words and phrases to describe the movements in this video.
- Who are the characters in the video? How are they connected?
- What questions would you ask the characters if you had a chance?
- Pause the video at different points and think of ways to describe how each of the characters might be feeling.
- Think about what happens next to each of the characters.
- Use Pivot Stick Animator (or other animation software) to create an animation of a character dancing.
- Take digital photos of people dancing and use these as the starting point for your own drawings / storyboards / animations of dancing.
- Watch the ‘Making Of’ video to find out more about this video and its production:
- Pause this video at different points and try to recreate the poses of the characters. Look at the lines that the artist has used to animate them.
- Look at pictures / videos of people dancing (or take your own) and use these to inspire your own artwork.
- Choreograph a dance that could be used as the basis for a similar animation. Could you use the song from this video in your dance?
- Choose your own song and create a dance that tells a story.