Our dinosaur posters show thirteen different pictures of dinosaurs, along with their name. The posters are also available in a smaller card format. You are welcome to use these resources in your classroom for a range of different learning activities. Here are some ideas:
- Print the posters and use them on your classroom displays for children to refer to during lessons.
- Let children use them as inspiration for their own drawings of dinosaurs.
- Give children one of the posters / cards and ask them to research the life of that particular dinosaur.
- Give children two of the posters / cards and make a list of similarities / differences between the dinosaurs.
- Ask pupils to sort the dinosaurs into different groups, e.g. dinosaurs that walk on two / four legs, carnivores / herbivores. Could your pupils use different sorting diagrams to do this (e.g. Venn / Carroll diagrams)?
- Use the posters as table signs, giving each group a name based on a different dinosaur.
- Discuss the names of each dinosaur. How are they pronounced?
- The plesiosaur and pterosaur are included in these resources but they were not actually dinosaurs. Can your children explain why they are not classed as a dinosaur?
If you have other suggestions for using these posters / cards in the classroom, leave a comment below.