The printable cards below contain twenty different facts about chocolate. Did you know the first milk chocolate bar was made in 1875 when Daniel Peter added milk to the recipe?
Here are some ways that you could use these resources in your classroom…
- Print the fact cards and add them to a classroom display about chocolate.
- Ask questions about the information on the cards and challenge children to find the answers.
- Give children access to appropriate reference materials and ask them to add their own facts to the template cards (also available below).
- Use the cards as part of guided reading activities.
- Discuss any new and unusual words featured on the cards. Can the children work out what they mean?
- Ask your pupils to use the information on the cards to make their own poster featuring lots of facts about chocolate.
- Show the PDF on a large display and use it as a whole class teaching tool.