The London Marathon has been taking place since 1981. Thousands of runners take part in the event each year, and many thousands more come along to watch and support them.
Here are some suggested teaching ideas:
- Learn how the runners have to train for the event and keep themselves healthy.
- Use the results on the Marathon pages for some data handling work.
- Find the route of the London marathon and look for famous landmarks close to it.
- Organise a mini-marathon at your school.
- Find out about some of the charities that people raise money for and support them yourself.
- Watch this video that features scenes from previous London Marathons. Could you imagine that you were one of the people taking part and write a diary entry about your experience?