Organise the children into pairs. One child is the shark, and the other is the fish.
The fish follows the shark around and must imitate everything the shark does.
The teacher can shout out ideas such as ‘swim’ backwards, move slowly, rest on the floor etc.
Other commands suggested by visitors include:
- Eat the fish could be another command! The children could clap their hands together pretending to eat the fish!! (by syruplover).
- Shark Attack – The fish has to run away, and the shark could try and catch them (by rcartguest).
- Shark Attack – The fish should freeze. When the shark turns around, if not frozen, then the fish becomes a shark (by Ronda).
- Fish Attack – All the fish should team up in pairs, and the sharks freeze. If the shark is not frozen, then the shark will starve (by Hugh Lo).
- Funny gills – The children have to move their hands by the sides of their faces like gills and pull funny fish faces (by Alice).
Can you think of any other commands? Let us know in the comments…