Help your children to improve their reasoning and problem-solving skills with our collection of classroom activity resources. This collection includes:
- The Reasoning Guide – Includes an introduction to reasoning, what reasoning involves, finding solutions and visualising problems.
- Always / Sometimes / Never True – A collection of mathematical statements. Can your children sort them to identify which ones are always true, sometimes true or never true?
- Can you explain…? – Challenge your students to explain the answers to the questions posed by the people on this printable resource.
- Incorrect Answers – Twelve maths problems that have wrong answers. Can your pupils spot the mistake and explain why they are wrong? Can you calculate the correct answer and prove why it is correct?
- Reasoning Questions – A selection of questions that can be added to your reasoning / problem solving display boards.
These resources are part of the Reasoning Pack that can be downloaded from our Teaching Packs site.