The resources below include forty-eight different cards. Each card shows the same number using digits and Roman Numerals. A separate set is also available without the digits.
These could be used in the classroom in some of the following ways:
- Give children some of the blank cards and ask them to try and work out what the Roman Numerals show.
- Use the cards for a range of Maths calculations, e.g. IV + VII = ?
- Challenge your children to make up their own Maths calculations. Can they work out the answers and then give their questions to a friend to solve?
- Give the children a set of the blank cards and ask them to put them into numerical order.
- Print two sets of the cards and use them for matching activities (e.g. Matching Pairs / Snap games).
- You could use these to make a classroom display about Roman Numerals.
Can you think of other ways of using these resources? Let us know in the comments…