Create a daily (or weekly) Maths challenge in your classroom using the posters below! Add one of the posters to a classroom display board and share a Maths question nearby that your children can answer. They could add their responses in a box, inside an envelope or on Post-It notes on the board.
Questions and challenges can easily be adapted to match your children’s age and ability levels, but here are some suggestions:
- What is 19 + 12?
- What is four multiplied by seven?
- How many degrees are in one full turn?
- I save 50p on Monday. Every day, I save double the amount that I saved the day before. How much money will I have saved in total by Sunday?
- How many different items of mathematical equipment can you think of? Make a list of them.
- What is ‘Pi’ written to five decimal places?
- If you add two even numbers, is the answer always even? Give reasons for your answer.
- I have three numbers: 5, 7 and 12. Which number is the odd one out? Give reasons for your answer.
You could even ask your children to come up with questions to add to the display!