There are four different place value resources that can be downloaded below. Here are some ideas for using them in the classroom:
- Print the banner and use it on your Maths displays so that children can refer to it during their independent work.
- Print and laminate the Place Value Mat. Place copies of these on tables so that pupils can check them in their Maths lessons.
- Show the PDF version of the mat on a large display (e.g. an interactive whiteboard) and use it as a whole class teaching tool.
- Print the posters and hang them (in the correct order) around the classroom.
- Clip the posters (in the wrong order) to a washing line to make an interactive display. Can your pupils put them in the correct order?
- Print and cut out the cards. Challenge pupils to put them in order of size.
- Give children a selection of the cards and ask them to create a number which includes those values. Can they write the number using digits and words? Can they read the number aloud?
These resources are available in two versions using the terms ‘units’ or ‘ones’.