The resources below show sixteen different images, all of which are linked to World War One. The images include a map, soldiers, aircraft, tanks and other vehicles used during The Great War.
Here are some suggested ways that you can use these resources in your classroom:
- Print the images and use them as part of your World War One display.
- Give children one of the images and ask them to find out more about the people / objects shown in the picture. This could be an independent or group activity in the classroom, or a a homework challenge.
- Use the pictures as the starting point for discussions about different aspects of World War One.
- Ask your pupils to create their own illustrations linked to the topic.
- Look at the images and discuss the different features of the objects shown. What are they made from? How were they used?
- Ask your children to Imagine that they are one of the people shown in the picture. Could they write a diary entry from that person’s point of view?