A variety of image bank resources are available below, showing pictures linked to the Vikings. Four different sets are available in full-page and card formats, with and without captions. They can be used in a variety of ways in the classroom:
- Print them and use the full-page pictures on a class display.
- Use the images as prompts for stories or descriptive writing.
- Ask children to create their own pictures based on the images provided.
- Use the image cards as part of a non-fiction report / poster about the Vikings.
- Give the children one of the cards without captions and ask them to think of a caption for it.
- Give your pupils one of the cards with a caption and ask them to find out more about that topic.