Florence Nightingale nursed wounded soldiers during the Crimean War. She is called the ‘founder of modern nursing’ because she showed that trained nurses and clean hospitals helped sick people to get better. You can find out more about the life of Florence Nightingale with our free downloadable fact cards below.
These could be used in the classroom in the following ways:
- Print the cards and use them as part of group reading activities.
- Let children use the cards as an independent / group reference resource.
- Ask your children to make a biography about Florence Nightingale using the information provided.
- Use the blank cards (available in the download below) to add other facts that you can find in books / online sources.
- Use the cards as part of a classroom display about Florence Nightingale. A matching display banner is also available to download below.
Don’t forget to download our Florence Nightingale colouring page too!
If you have used these resources in the classroom, let us know by leaving a comment below…