The six printable posters available for download below compare the height, length and weight of different dinosaurs with everyday objects to help children to understand their sizes. Why not use them in your classroom in some of the following ways:
- Discuss how the sizes may have varied. Were dinosaurs all exactly the same size? Do scientists have the actual measurements of different dinosaurs, or do they have to make a sensible guess?
- Use the resources in Maths lessons to discuss different measurements. Can your children find out how heavy 17 elephants were? How big is a bus?
- Print the posters and use them on a classroom display.
- Ask children to find out the sizes of other dinosaurs and compare these to everyday objects. Could they make their own posters?
- Find out the height / length / weight of different dinosaurs and collect these into a table. Can you use them to make a graph or chart showing the data?
- Use a database program to collect measurement data for different dinosaurs.