The resources below can be used to help your children learn about the different features of a river. A poster is included, along with printable word labels and a list of vocabulary definitions. Use them in your classroom in some of the following ways:
- Show the poster on a large display and use it as a teaching tool.
- Cut out the word labels and share them around your class. Challenge the children to find (or explain) the meaning of the words.
- Use the word definitions sheet as a reference tool during lessons.
- Ask your children to find the meaning of the twenty-two words and record these on the blank word definitions sheets provided.
- Challenge your children to create their own posters showing the features of a river. Could you recreate it on a large display?
If you have any comments or suggestions about these resources, please leave a comment below…