Michael Morpurgo’s books are always popular in classrooms, so we have made a set of free printable fact cards about the author. Each page in the downloadable PDF below contains two facts, and there is also a blank set of cards at the end too!
You could use these resources in the classroom in some of the following ways:
- Use the information on the cards to make a biography about Michael Morpurgo.
- Print the cards and add them to a classroom display about the author. Can your children help to plan and decorate the display too?
- Give children a copy of the blank cards and ask them to make their own fact cards about Michael Morpurgo.
- Make a list of questions that you could ask Michael Morpurgo if you could interview him.
- Ask one child to pretend to be Michael Morpurgo. The rest of the class could interview ‘Michael’, who could use the information on the cards as part of the answers.
- Ask your children to imagine that they will become famous authors in the future. What fact cards could be created about their lives?
- Challenge children to find the places mentioned on the cards in an atlas or an online map. Can they calculate how far those places are from where they live?
A display banner is also available for you to download. If you have any other suggestions for using these resources in the classroom, please leave a comment below…