Maurice Sendak wrote and illustrated over 100 books throughout his career. His most famous book is Where the Wild Things Are (see our teaching ideas linked to this book here). If your children are learning about Maurice Sendak, use of free printable fact cards in your lessons in some of the following ways:
- Print the cards and use them as part of a classroom display.
- Combine these cards with our other author fact cards and ask the children to find similarities and differences between the authors.
- Give your pupils the opportunity to research information about Maurice Sendak’s life and add their facts to the blank cards provided.
- Use this resource to create a biography of the author.
- Challenge children to think of some questions that they would like to have asked the author if they had the chance.
- Sort the cards into different groups. Which ones tell us about his life? Which tell us about his books? Can the children think of other ways of sorting them?
If you have any other suggestions, please leave a comment below…