The aliens are excited, As tomorrow’s Christmas day, So instead of stealing underpants, They’re giving them away! Yes, it’s true! Everyone’s favourite aliens are full of the festive spirit, and so they are giving away their beloved underpants – shock, horror! Join them as they help out in Santa’s busy workshop, put neon pants on Rudolph and tie knickers up in place of stockings. But remember to hold on to your pants – this special pants giveaway is for one day only. Ho-ho-ho! Merry Christmas!
Teaching Ideas and Resources:
- Make a list of all of the rhyming words used in the story. Can you think of other words that rhyme with these?
- Make a new page for the story, following the same rhyming pattern.
- Carry out a role-play activity in which you interview one of the ‘aliens’. Why are they giving away pants? Why do they love pants so much?
- Write one of the letters that the aliens read during the story.
- Write a newspaper story about aliens who have been spotted delivering pants to children on Christmas Eve.
- Write a diary entry from the point of view of one of the aliens.
- There are lots of books in this series. Which one is your favourite? Why?
- Can you make a new book in this series, e.g. Puppies Love Underpants, Babies Love Underpants?
- The last line of the book says, ‘The aliens will be back’. Can you write another book in this series?
- What materials are used to make underpants? Can you explain why those materials have been chosen?
- With a group of friends, create lots of different types of Christmas pants. Carry out a survey to find out which pair is the most popular. Use this information to create graphs to show the results.
- Use painting software to decorate the pants template with a Christmas design (see Resources below).
- Design a new spaceship to help the aliens to deliver lots of Christmas pants.
- Design your own pair of Christmas pants.
- Compose a Christmas / pants-themed tune for the aliens to sing while they help Panta Claus to deliver the presents.
- Find Lapland on a map. How far away is it from where you live?
- Calculate the route from your home to Lapland. How will you get there? How long might it take?