1) Give each child in your class a copy of one of the storyboard sheets found below.
2) Ask them to make up a story about anything that they want.
3) Ask them to draw the events of the story in the larger boxes on the sheet. The smaller boxes are for text, but they should not fill these in at the moment.
4) When the children have finished their drawings, collect in the storyboards, mix them up, and give them back (but not to the correct children). Now, each child should be looking at a storyboard which is not their own.
5) They should now look carefully at the pictures and make up some text to go with them.
6) When this is done, the writer and the artist should get together and look at what each other has done. Does the artist agree with the story that the writer has made? Was this what the artist had in mind at the beginning?