Give your children opportunities to be aware of the moment using our free animal colouring sheets. Twelve animals are available, including a bat, butterfly, dragonfly, elephant, fox, iguana, owl, raccoon, rhino, turtle, hermit crab and snail. Use these free resources in your classroom in some of the following ways:
- As calm mindfulness resources to give your children a chance to be aware of the moment and reflect on their feelings and thoughts.
- Let children colour the printouts as a calm way to start each day… or each afternoon after a busy lunchtime!
- Challenge children to colour them using a range of materials. Which do they prefer and why?
- Ask your students to colour them using different shades of one colour.
- Give children these resources and then ask them to create similar pictures based on their own favourite animals.
- Have the resources available as an activity for children who have finished other activities early.
If you have any other ideas for using these resources, please let us know in the comments.
If you like these resources, remember to download our other mindfulness colouring resources, too.