A young boy plays soccer in a misty field when he suddenly is challenged by a UFO! Use this video with the children in your class using our collection of teaching ideas and classroom activities.
Watch this video with your children, and then try some of our teaching and activity ideas below.
Teaching Ideas and Resources:
- Retell the story from the boy’s point of view.
- Retell the story from the point of view of the alien inside the UFO.
- Write the conversation between the boy and his family when he told them what happened to him while he was playing football.
- Write a newspaper report about a sighting of a UFO playing football.
- Write a commentary on the boy’s football skills at the start of the video.
- Create a set of instructions to teach aliens how to play football (or another sport).
- Pause the video at different points and describe how the boy is feeling.
- Create some still images of parts of the video and write a sentence / paragraph to describe what is happening at each point.
- Do aliens exist? Have a debate with others in your class.
- Write a sequel to this story in which the boy tries to get his ball back.
- Write a story about a sporting competition between humans and a group of aliens.
- Look at frames from the animation or images of famous footballers playing the game and identify any forces that are taking place.
- Create a poster to advertise this film to other people.
- Make an animation that shows a character taking part in your favourite sport.
- Design a game in which a person tries to defeat an alien in a sporting event.
- Can you create some puppets / models and use these for your own animations?
- Could you create a storyboard for a new animation with the title ‘Steal’?
- Look at photographs of people playing football (or taking part in other sports) and use these as the starting point for your own pictures / paintings.
- Compose a new soundtrack for this animation.