A little girl’s bag is snatched and she strays from the road she is familiar with. She enters an unknown world and unfolds a magical adventure depending on her senses other than vision and her imagination.
Watch this video with your children, and then try some of our teaching and activity ideas below.
Teaching Ideas and Resources:
- The girl discovers an entrance to an unknown world. Before watching the rest of the video, discuss what might be in it. Think of arguments for / against going in. Write your own story about what might happen there.
- Write a diary entry from the girl’s point of view.
- Write some narration for the story to explain what is happening. Could you read / record this while the video is playing?
- If you could go to your own imaginary world, what would it be like?
- Write a sequel to this story. What other adventures might the little girl have?
- The girl has to use her senses in the strange world. What senses do we have? Pause the video at different points and discuss the senses that the little girl is using.
- Cover your eyes and try to identify different objects, smells or tastes using your other senses.
- Make your own storyboard to retell the main events of the story.
- Draw a picture of your own imaginary world.
- Listen to the sounds and music in the animation without watching it. Can you explain (or draw) what you think might be happening in the video?
- Listen to the music. Can you identify the instruments that are used to play the different sounds?
- Draw a story map that shows the places that the girl visited in the story. What happened at each place?
- The little girl’s bag is snatched from her at the start of the animation. How does stealing affect people, and what are the consequences?