The free posters available below feature twenty of the most popular pets. Each poster includes a photo of the animal along with a range of information and facts about it. Two differentiated versions are available, so simply choose the most appropriate one to match the reading abilities of your students.
These posters are great for reference information for your lessons. Here are some other suggested ways of using them:
- Challenge your pupils to use the information on the posters to make their own ‘pets fact posters’.
- Ask a child to read one of the sentences on a poster and see if others can identify the animal being described.
- Use the ‘size’ information about each animal for data handling / statistics activities.
- Ask your children to find out additional information about each animal. This could be a class or homework activity.
- Make a similar poster about a different real or imaginary animal.
- Choose two different animals featured on the posters and discuss how they are similar / different.
Thank you to Sam C for her help with the creation of these resources.