Our free photos and illustrations of the features of trees can be used in lots of different ways in your classroom! Download the resources below and try some of the following ideas:
- Print the posters and use them to decorate your classroom displays. Add strips of paper to the display and ask children to add the definition of each word.
- Use the terms on the posters as the starting point for discussions about trees. What does each of the words mean? How are they related to trees?
- Challenge children to find some examples of things shown on the posters.
- Ask your pupils to make their own images of the different features of trees. They could create these using art materials or try to take their own digital photos.
- Share the pictures with your class on an interactive whiteboard and ask your children to think of words to describe each one.
- Cut out the smaller cards and ask the children to explain what a card shows, without revealing what it is. Can the other children guess what is being described?
If you have any comments or suggestions about these resources, please leave a comment below…