Our free Trees fact cards can be used as part of lots of different Science activities in the classroom. Download them using the link below and use them in some of the following ways:
- Add the cards to a classroom display.
- Ask your class to find out facts about trees as part of a homework activity and record these on the blank template (on the last page of the PDF below).
- Give children a set of cards and ask them to remember as many facts as they can. How many facts can they then tell a friend?
- Identify any scientific words included on the cards. Can the class discover the meaning of these words (e.g. deciduous, chlorophyll, carbon dioxide)?
- Make a multimedia presentation about trees using the information on the cards. Can the children add their own information to the presentation as well?
- Use the resources as part of a guided reading activity.
- Show the PDF on a large display and use them as part of your whole class teaching.
If you have any comments or suggestions about this resource, please leave a comment below…