This is an easy warm-up involving no equipment. Say the name of a Mr. Man, and children have to move like him. The ones I use are:
- Mr. Slow – move slowly.
- Mr. Rush – move fast.
- Mr. Jelly – shake your whole body.
- Mr. Muddle – walk backwards.
- Mr. Bounce – bounce!
- Mr. Small – crouch and move.
- Mr. Strong – move, flexing your muscles.
- Mr. Tall – stretch up and move (good for stretching once the children’s hearts are racing.)
Sammy Rosehill has also suggested these ideas:
- Mr. Tickle – wave around your arms in a crazy way.
- Mr. Happy – move around with big smiles on your face.
You can obviously add more, including Little Miss characters. The children can also add their own ideas meaning they never get bored of this game!