Some of my most memorable assemblies have involved using ideas from TV shows. It sometimes takes a little extra preparation, but the children can really get involved.
In the past, I’ve had:
- “Who Wants to be a Millionaire” – with questions based on the topic of the assembly.
- “The Weakest Link” – involving the teachers, answering questions about the topic.
- The Holiday programme – with children “reporting” from places around the world to describe customs of people in those places.
- The News – using similar ideas to the Holiday show.
- Ready Steady Cook – an assembly which was used to share how food was important to people in different religions.
Children could act as contestants or presenters on the show to share information about the chosen assembly topic.
All of these assemblies have been enhanced by using the TV show theme tunes. There are lots of websites where you can download the theme tunes from popular TV shows. You may also be able to view the opening titles on Youtube.