Are you planning to hold a French day with the children in your class or a special week / term of activities related to France? Use the ideas in our list below to start planning!
If you have any other suggestions, please add a comment at the bottom of the page.
Teaching Ideas and Resources:
- Research key people in French history (and other famous French people). Can you create a biography about one of them?
- Write a recipe for a French meal.
- Write a letter (or an email) to a French penfriend.
- Make a timetable of lessons for a child in a French school.
- Practise counting to 10 / 100 (or more).
- Find out about the currency used in France. How is it different to the currency used where you live?
- Plan a menu for a French meal. Could you cook / eat some of the items on your menu?
- Research the animals that can be found in France.
- Make a multimedia presentation, video guide, eBook or website about France.
- Use plastic straws to create a model of the Eiffel Tower.
- Can you create a model of another famous French landmark?
- Learn about famous French artists. Can you try to create some of your own artwork in a similar style?
- Create a piece of art that is worthy of being displayed in the Louvre.
- Colour the French flag.
- Draw a picture of an artist’s palette and label different colours using their French names.
- Create a shield, logo or poster that displays the French motto ‘Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite’ (Liberty, Equality, Fraternity).
- Find out about the Lascaeux caves. Can you create your own versions of the cave paintings found there?
- Can you learn the lyrics to a French song?
- Use a blank outline map of France to plot the locations of French cities, towns and places of interest.
- Research the current weather in France. Can you record a weather forecast?
- Make a list of similarities and differences between your school and a French school.
- Imagine that you could interview a French person. Make a list of questions that you would like to ask them.
- Find some facts about France and used them to make a fact file.
- Learn more about France using our free fact cards.
- Plan a trip to France. How will you get there? How long is the journey?
- Plot the route of the latest Tour de France. Can you plan your own cycling competition?
- Create a tour guide for people who are planning to visit France.
- Find out about transport links in France.
- Compare the population / area of France with other countries.
- Find out the countries that share a border with France.
- Create a timeline showing some of the key events in French history.
- Could you plan and carry out your own ‘Tour de France’ cycling competition?
- Investigate the festivals and celebrations that take place in France.
- Rehearse a simple French conversation. Can you perform / record this?
- Make a French dictionary to teach others some French words.
- Create a collage that features images of animals and their names in French.
- Make a poster that shows the names of different family members in French.