The free teaching resources below include a poster that includes information about the Commonwealth Games and a question sheet linked to it. The printables can be used in the classroom in some of the following ways:
- Share the information poster with your class by displaying is on a large display (e.g. an interactive whiteboard). Use it as a teaching resource to help children to learn about the Commonwealth Games.
- Ask your children to think of questions that they could ask to find out more about the Commonwealth Games. Can they also research the answers?
- Print the poster and question sheets and ask children to complete them independently as part of a class or homework activity.
- Ask your pupils to create their own set of questions linked to the information poster. Could they challenge a friend to answer them?
- Discuss how the Commonwealth Games have changed since the first event in 1930. Can your children predict what the Games might be like in the future?
Let us know if you have any other ideas for using these resources in the classroom, by leaving a comment below…