Help your children to read and write poetry with this pack of teaching, activity and display resources! This pack includes:
- The Poetry Guide – Use these pages to explore what poems are, the different parts of them, the vocabulary that they can include and to introduce your children to personification.
- Poetry Prompts – A set of planning templates that children can use to write a poem about the suggested images.
- ‘Types of Poems’ Posters – Two posters that teach children about acrostics and haiku.
- Poetry Question Labels – Some labels that can be added to a poetry display or a poetry corner in your classroom.
- Poetry Vocabulary Labels – A selection of labels that show the definitions of some words linked to poetry.
- Adjectives Table Mat – Share this reference mat with your children to help them discover adjectives to use in their own poems.
These resources are part of our Poetry Pack. Find out more on our Teaching Packs site.