Help your children to learn about Roald Dahl’s life with our printable timeline resources. We have a handy overview (with related questions) and a set of 40 mini-posters for use on your classroom display boards!
Here are some suggested ways to use these resources in the classroom:
- Give your children a copy of the timeline overview and ask them to think of questions to ask each other about Roald Dahl’s life.
- Challenge your students to answer our questions about Roald Dahl’s life. We have included the answers for you (or for self-checking).
- Cut out the smaller ‘card’ versions of the timeline posters and use them for sorting / sequencing activities. Can your children put them in chronological order?
- Ask your children to use the timeline information to write Roald Dahl’s biography.
- Challenge your children to find out other events from Roald Dahl’s life. Can they make their own posters / cards to add to the collection?
- Display the posters around your classroom to show the timeline of Dahl’s life.
If you can suggest any other ways of using these resources, please let us know in the comments.