Oliver Jeffers is the author of lots of wonderful children’s books, including Lost and Found, The Way Back Home and The Heart and the Bottle. We have found twenty different facts about Oliver’s life and produced a set of cards based on them. Why not use them in your classroom in some of the following ways?
- Create a classroom display about Oliver and his books and use these cards as part of the board.
- Ask your class to read the cards and create a set of comprehension questions based on them.
- Use the cards as part of guided / shared reading activities.
- Ask your children to choose another author and make their own ‘fact cards’ about them.
- Challenge children to find out more about Oliver Jeffers as part of a homework activity and record their research findings on the blank cards (included in the resource below).
- Give children a copy of the cards as a reference tool and ask them to create a biography of the author.
A display banner is also available for you to use.