Julia Jarman has helped us to make these fact cards about her life and her writing. The cards include twenty different facts and two blank templates are also included so that children can make their own. Use them in your classroom in some of the following ways:
- Sort the cards into different groups. Which ones describe her life? Which ones are about her books? Which ones tell us about the way that she writes?
- Print the cards and put them onto a class display. Challenge children to look at the display and answer questions about Julia.
- Ask your children to use the information on the cards to create some comprehension questions of their own.
- Use the fact cards that we have created for other authors. How are the authors similar / different?
- Give children copies of the blank templates and ask them to make their own fact cards, based on their own research.
We have also created a matching display banner to add to your classroom display boards.