If your children enjoy the books of popular children’s author Jill Murphy, we have a set of free teaching resources that you can use with them. The resources include twenty facts about Jill’s life and books.
You can try using them with your children in some of the following ways:
- Use the information on the cards to create a report about Jill’s life. This could be in the form of a written biography, an interview, a poster or a multimedia presentation.
- Print the cards and use them on a display about Jill and other authors.
- Use the resources as part of guided / shared reading activities. What can children learn about Jill Murphy using the cards?
- Ask your children to imagine that they had the chance to interview Jill Murphy. What questions would they ask her? How might she respond? Would they like to find out more about one of the facts on the resources below?
- A blank template is provided on the last page so that your children can find out their own facts about the author and create some fact cards too.
We have also created a display banner that you can add to the display boards in your classroom.