Most plurals end with ‘s’ or ‘es’, but some do not follow this rule. Use our free resources below to help your children to learn about them.
- Use the ‘Irregular Plurals’ Poster as part of a display in your classroom.
- Show children the poster and ask them to make their own version of the poster.
- Cut out the ‘Irregular Plurals’ labels and ask children to match the singular and plural versions of each noun.
- Ask children to sort the labels according to the new plural ending.
- Challenge pupils to find out / think of other words that could be included in these lists.