The two resources below can be used when children are learning about the active and passive voice of verbs:
- Print the poster and use it on a class display.
- Laminate the poster and let children refer to it during their independent writing.
- Challenge pupils to think of their own sentences and change them so that the verbs are in the active / passive voice.
- Put children into pairs and ask them to write sentences in the active voice. Their partner has to change these so that they are written in the passive voice. Repeat the activity, changing from passive to active voice.
- Use the activity sheet to reinforce / assess children’s understanding.