The free posters below feature 40 different minibeasts and other invertebrates. Each poster shows a photo of the creature, along with a selection of information about it (including approximate size, predators, habitat, lifespan and other interesting facts).
These posters are great for reference information for your lessons. Here are some other suggested ways of using them:
- Print the posters and use them to make a reference book about minibeasts and other invertebrates.
- Ask children to choose a minibeast and use the information on the relevant poster to make their own information report about it.
- Use the statistics on the posters (e.g. size / lifespan) to make comparisons between different creatures. Can you use these for data handling work, e.g. by making graphs or calculating averages?
- Use the ‘Interesting Facts’ information to create a ‘Facts about Minibeasts’ poster.
- Use the information to create an audio / video report about minibeasts.
- Use the blank template to make your own minibeast posters.
Thank you to Sam C for her help with the creation of these resources.