A number of photo resources are available for download below, based on minibeasts. Use them in the classroom by trying some of the following ideas:
- Show the PDF files on an interactive whiteboard and ask the children to describe them. What words / phrases could they use?
- Think about where each minibeast might be found.
- Print the minibeast cards and ask children to go on a ‘minibeast hunt’. How many of these creatures can they find?
- Choose two (or more) of the minibeasts and think of ways they are similar / different.
- Ask children to create their own artwork using the photos as a starting point.
- Choose one of the cards at random and write a story that includes that minibeast.
If you have any new ideas about using these resources in the classroom, leave a comment below…